To start your online business or to boost the one you already have, you need to make a website. This will provide you with a greater number of clients and will project your company to another level. Doing it is not too difficult, since you don’t need to know about code, but you do need to know about an excellent content management system, such as WordPress. Therefore, we offer you a tutorial below.
WordPress is a content manager that has become the most used in the current times. There are many people who use WordPress, both to write their personal blogs, and to make web pages a little more complex, involving shopping carts or more interaction with the user. Its popularity is due to the ease with which you can do your projects.
The difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org
You can use WordPress in two ways; one by going directly to their website WordPress.com, where you have a series of elements to make pages in seconds, set up pre-designed templates, install plug-ins, have a lot of options to analyze metrics, place advertising, etc. You can also use WordPress.org, which works when you have purchased your own hosting and want to use WP as a content manager.
How to use plug-ins in WordPress
Plug-ins are small pieces of software made by specialized subjects, which will allow you to add them to your website so that it has various functions. Among the most common ones you can find are Google Analytics, to analyze the visitors of your website and establish better strategies for your audience, or Yoast SEO, so that your texts can be at the top of the Google search engines.
Most important plug-ins to consider on your website
Among the most important Plug-ins for your WordPress website, you should consider:
– Contact Form 7: to manage several contact forms.
– Yoast SEO: to analyze your texts and make them rank first in search engines.
– Akismet Anti-Spam: to avoid spam comments on your website
– WooCommerce: if you are interested in setting up an online store
– TinyMCE Advanced: to analyze your website traffic in real time
– WordFence Security: to prevent cyber attacks on your website
– Google XML Sitemaps: to appear in search engines other than Google
– WP Super Cache: to have a higher speed when loading your web
– UpdraftPlus: to backup your page data in the cloud
– Elementor Page Builder: for higher quality templates
– Smush Image Compression and Optimization: for faster loading of your website. This plug-in focuses more on images.
How to use SEO
Something to highlight in order to have a greater presence in Google search engines is SEO. Its acronym stands for Search Engine Optimization and consists of writing the texts of your page in a way that can be visible in Google, Yahoo or Bing. The greater the presence, the greater the possibilities of generating income with the advertising you place on your website. Some of the suggestions to optimize your SEO are:
– Write short sentences in the texts
– Repeat keywords throughout the text, associated with what you are selling
– Places texts of five lines maximum, three lines minimum
– Download the Yoast by SEO Plug-in to better analyze what you need to modify.
– Use the tags on the right side of your entries
– Your publication must be accessible through a short link
the important thing is that your business has its own web site, so that it is visible to the whole world and you can show your work and your products.